Tuesday 23 April 2013

Work gets in the way doesn’t it?

Sunny, 20º, light wind, a lovely day.

Unfortunately I missed most of the day as I was working!!!
A quick visit to Lollingdon hill on the way home produced five Wheatear and a Redstart. If, which I think it is the same has been there for five days now which is unusual for a spring migrant. I went there yesterday and met another birder who had been along the hill and had not seen anything so I didn’t bother as the weather was pretty rubbish. The Redstart seems good at disappearing for long periods as I experienced on Sunday. At least three Corn Bunting in song.

To qualify my earlier statement, yes I’ve been volunteering for SOHA this week  and visiting various senior communities around South Oxfordshire and advising them on using technology and combining it with their particular interest, albeit natural history, collecting things, craft etc and has been very rewarding. However it does detract from my normal birding especially at this time of year but I’ll make up for it.

Hedgehog frequent in the garden recently.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment