Friday 3 May 2013

Portland, Dorset and a senior moment!

Sunny, minimal cloud, 16º, moderate WNW.

Arrived at the Bird Observatory on Portland early afternoon and started to unpack my gear and realising I had forgotten the most important item, binoculars! What a *******!
Fortunately the Prof loaned me a pair of Leica binoculars for me to use for the duration of my stay here. I remembered everything else but the bins are still on my bookcase at home. I normally keep my camera and bins in a bag together but took them out last night to clean them and did not put them back!

It’s rather quiet today down here, sunny but a brisk cool wind. A trickle of Swallows and the odd House Martin moving through, a walk in the top fields produced ten Willow Warbler, two Whitethroat and two Redstart ( & ) and little else, a few bits and pieces in the garden, a couple of Willow Warbler, a Chiffchaff, a Blackcap and a re-trapped Garden Warbler that was first caught a week ago that has presumably stayed around or is deciding to go back until the weather warms up a bit more and a Raven seen.
The sea has been very quiet just the odd Manx Shearwater and Gannet seen.
 
Willow Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment